Wednesday, October 15, 2008

John Carter is TOO BUSY for you!

CARTER’S SCHEDULE TOO “FULL” TO DISCUSS THE ISSUES

Congressman Carter refuses to discuss issues and debate Democratic nominee Brian P. Ruiz

Round Rock, TX – On October 6th, in an open letter, Democratic Congressional nominee Brian P. Ruiz challenged his opponent, Congressman John Carter, to a public debate. The official Carter response? My “schedule is too full.” In this time of national crisis John is just too busy to discuss the issues with the voters.

“I’m disappointed,” said Ruiz, “Mr. Carter has refused to debate in the past. But considering the current economic meltdown affecting every American, I feel that now, more than ever, we need to hear from our representatives on how they intend to lead us in the future.” Brian continued to say “I would never be too busy to speak honestly and openly with voters. I’d make the time; the citizens and their concerns will always be my number one priority!”

To Ruiz actions will always speak louder than words. Brian has personally reached out to voters across Central Texas for over a year. Meeting with people is large forums or small communities. As a busy family man, Brian’s commitment to the voters is in stark contrast to Carter. From town hall’s in Stephenville, the Veterans Committee Forum in Killeen, and the Dell Jewish Community Center’s Forum in Austin; Brian makes time for the people…and would never use his schedule to hide from the issues.

Clearly Carter has forgotten to whom he is accountable. “I’m here for the people,” Brian said in closing, “my opponent has taken millions of dollars from Big Oil and the special interest…I haven’t taken a cent. Maybe that’s why he’s so busy?”




Copy of Letter Sent to Mr. Carter from Mr. Ruiz:


October 6, 2008


The Honorable John Carter
John Carter for Congress Campaign
716 Rock StreetGeorgetown, TX 78626

Dear Representative Carter,

I believe the constituents of District 31 deserve an opportunity to hear from their candidates for Congress in an open and public forum. To that end, I’d like to extend an invitation to you to debate on Tuesday, October 21 at 7pm (place to be determined).

The debate would be an opportunity to discuss many of the issues important to the constituents of this District and to address their concerns. While the location is still to be determined, I commit to holding the debate on neutral territory, such as a school campus somewhere within the District.

My campaign manager, April Shapley, can be reached at 512-773-5824 and will be coordinating the details of the debate for my campaign. Due to the limited amount of time before Election Day, I would appreciate hearing from your office by Friday, October 10, 2008.

Sincerely,


Brian P. Ruiz
Congressional Candidate, District 31
Ruiz for Congress
C: 512-784-8240
brian@ruizforcongress.com



cc: Jared Weaver
Campaign Manager

John Carter for Congress

No comments: